How to Wash Cloth Face Coverings
CDC May 20, 2020
Cloth face coverings are an additional step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 when combined with every day preventive actions and social distancing in public settings.
Cloth face coverings should be washed after each use. It is important to always remove face coverings correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used face covering.
How to clean
- REMOVE FILTER BEFORE WASHING THE MASK
- You can include your face covering with your regular laundry. (For Boldfac'd masks, please remove the optional filter in the mask prior to washing, if you bought one and use it.)
- Use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth used to make the face covering. (Boldfac'd fabrics are safe at the hottest setting.)
How to dry- you can use either method you prefer
- Use the highest heat setting and leave in the dryer until completely dry.
- Lay flat and allow to completely dry. If possible, place the cloth face covering in direct sunlight.
For complete article, you may visit the CDC website here.